How Is Home Distilled Water Better than Bottled Water?
- Americans are drinking bottled water in record numbers- a whopping 5 billion gallons in 2001, according to the International Bottled Water Association, an industry trade group. That's about the same amount of water that falls from the American Niagara Falls in 2 hours.
- Ounce for ounce, bottled water costs more than gasoline. Depending on the brand, it costs 250 to 10,000 times more than tap water!
- Americans spend more than $8.3 billion a year on bottled water, but what they're drinking may not be any safer or better regulated than tap water. (60-70% of bottled water sold in the US is exempt from federal regulations because it's packaged and sold in the same state, not crossing state lines.-Julie Stauffer, Body & Soul Magazine, Aug. 2005, p. 87.)
- "Last year Americans spent nearly $11 billion on over 8 billion gallons of bottled water, and then tossed over 22 billion empty plastic bottles in the trash. In bottle production alone, the more than 70 million bottles of water consumed each day in the U.S. drain 1.5 million barrels of oil over the course of one year." -Solvie Karlstrom, Tapped Out: The True Cost of Bottled Water
- Pathogens- Bacteria, viruses, and other nasty bugs which can be fatal. In 2001-2002, more than 1,000 people got sick and 7 died in 31 outbreaks of waterborne diseases from drinking water (CDC).
- Lead. Found in public water distribution systems and water pipes in some homes (built before 1930). A poisonous metal, lead can cause anemia, high blood pressure, kidney problems, increased miscarriage and low birth weight risk, and it also interferes with brain development in children.
- Nitrates. Found in fertilizers and sewage. Can lead to blue baby syndrome which is potentially fatal.
- Pesticides. Known to disrupt hormones, and have been linked to cancer, birth defects, and nervous system problems.
- Other contaminants. Arsenic, radon, disinfection by-products (chlorine by-products) and other additives like fluoride.
Toxin Leaches Into Bottled Water
A study headed by Londoner William Shotyk, director of the Institute of Environmental Geochemistry at the University of Heidelberg in Germany, found that polyethylene terephthalate, or PET, bottles leach a deadly toxin called antimony into the water. While Shotyk agrees with Canadian Bottled Water Association officials that the levels of antimony found in the study are well below Health Canada accepted levels, he also asks the question, "Is there going to be a beneficial effect to having antimony in the water?"
It's the timeless argument between scientists and government officials...just how much poison is enough to damage, and why should we allow any poison at all? Antimony in small doses can cause headache, dizziness, and depression. Larger doses cause violent and frequent vomiting and can lead to death. (Antimony is already implicated in the toxic gas theory for crib death.)
It's important to note that the longer the water is in the bottle, the more antimony the water will contain. Also, re-using water bottles, is a no-no for this reason.
What About Cost of Bottled Water and Home Distilled Water?
What You Get With Home Distilled WaterThe best part is, you can take your tap water and turn it into something that is no longer harmful to your body, and is actually GOOD for your body! Check out our chart to see how distilled water is better. Above all, YOU know that your water is clean and pure because you are seeing the distillation process for yourself. You can't get that from your water bottling company!
What Exactly IS Distilled Water?Water in its purest form is found in the vapor that rises from the Earth’s surface, leaving behind any contaminants it may have collected. This process of evaporation, condensation and precipitation is known as the Hydrologic Cycle. Distillation simulates this process, turning ordinary tap water into pure, clean steam vapor which is condensed, then passed through an organic coconut shell filter. This technology effectively removes bacteria, parasites, herbicides, pesticides, heavy metals, and a whole list of synthetic chemicals and industrial pollutants.
A home distiller is like any other kitchen appliance that sits on your counter, or wherever you decide to put it. You simply plug it in! Once you taste home distilled water, you will wonder why you ever drank anything else.
Homemade 100% Steam Distilled Water
Consistent Purity Guaranteed, Gallon After Gallon
No Lugging Gallons Home at 8 lbs each
Always Available- No running Out
Fresh, Great Tasting, Healthy Homemade Purity
No Waste From Bottle Disposal
Less Than One Third the Cost of Bottled Water
Inconvenient to Store
Do yourself a favor, and stop carrying home water that is questionable AND costly!
Is it REALLY Safe to Drink Bottled Water?
Is it REALLY Safe to Drink Bottled Water?
"No bottled water of any brand can compare to the taste of what my Waterwise distiller produces. I am so glad to have it.... Thank you very, very much." -Heather, Macon, GA
"The Waterwise distiller is easy to use and economical. It costs much less than having bottled water delivered. And since we produce it ourselves we know it's pure." -Anthony and Julie, Everson, WA
"The vast majority of bottled water is merely public tap water. And the real shock is you could pay as much as $3.50 a bottle for the same objectionable quality that comes from your home tap water." -Dr. Robert D. Willix, Jr., MD