Benefits of Drinking WaterHistory has revealed that the civilizations that had the cleanest and purest water were typically the strongest, healthiest and most vibrant civilizations of their era. That’s one reason why drinking steam distilled water yields so many wonderful health benefits. Some of them you may recognize, while others may be new to you.
You can gain amazing health benefits from a steady dose of 8 glasses of purified water a day:
- Vastly improves your energy
- Sharpens your mental and physical performance
- Gradually improves your skin’s appearance and reduces wrinkles
- Fosters weight loss. F. Batmanghelidj, MD, author of the acclaimed book, Your Body’s Many Cries for Water, says that many times the body’s request for water is actually misinterpreted as hunger.
- Reduces stress, anxiety and depression
- Reduces headaches and dizzy spells
- Bolsters heart health. According to a 6 year study of more than 20,000 healthy men and women aged 38-100 in the May 1, 2002, American Journal of Epidemiology, it was found that women who drank more than five glasses of water a day were 41% less likely to die from heart attack than those who drank less than two glasses. The heart benefits were even greater in men.
- May relieve symptoms of asthma, allergies and arthritis
Maintaining an adequate level of hydration is essential for efficient regulation of your body’s normal physiological functions. As you can imagine, if your brain is not properly hydrated, your thinking ability becomes dull, you have trouble making the best decisions and your potential for headaches and dizziness increases. Your liver breaks down fats, so when it’s below its hydration mark, your digestive system experiences a chain reaction of imbalances. And so on.
Take a closer look at what water does inside your body and you’ll discover that it:
- Aids in proper digestion
- Improves oxygen delivery to cells
- Removes toxins and waste products
- Transports nutrients and increases nutrient absorption
- Cushions and lubricates joints
- Regulates body temperature
- Generates cellular energy
- Improves immune function